I'm going to share a recipe that my friend Amie posted on a shared recipe blog. I made it on Sunday afternoon and it was SO GOOD. We had leftovers yesterday, and JP who is a little bit leftover-phobic even liked these leftovers.
1 lb of your favorite pasta (I used bowtie, but I know that Amie likes it with spaghetti)
4-6 cups diced tomatoes (a mix of varieties works great)
2-4 cloves garlic, diced
2-4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1/4-1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2-3/4 cup shredded pecorino romano cheese (again, I like the Kirkland)salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in salted water. After you start the water for the pasta, add the olive oil to a large sautee pan over medium heat. Once it is hot, add garlic and tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook until tomatoes are falling apart and liquid from tomatoes has gone down by 1/3-1/2 (about 10-15 minutes). Toss with hot pasta and basil and half of the cheese. Use remaining cheese to top individual servings. Enjoy!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Great Recipe, courtesy of Amie
Posted by jessvb05 at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you liked it. We have it at least twice a week (until the tomato plants are done). So yummy and fresh tasting.
is this the one you were telling me about? I'm going to try it this weekend. Sounds good!
Post a Comment