Jack is my baby. I know he's technically a toddler, but he's still my baby. I wonder if I'll still think of him as my baby once the new baby is born. I hope so. He'll just seem like such a big boy.
Right now as I'm on the computer, I hear him in his room hollering "Mommy". He's supposed to be napping, but is resisting. However, I need a nap, so I'm going to let him hang out in there until he falls asleep. I saw some mighty big yawns while he was eating his lunch today.
I love this picture of him. Every night as we get him ready for bed, we have a new routine. He runs behind the chair in the room, and then peeks around the side and says "hello" in such a cute, soft little voice. I believe this picture was taken mid-"hello". He's such a little tease. He runs behind the chair so we can't get to him and get him dressed. I wonder where he got the teasing gene from? Could it be his daddy? Could it be his mommy? Either grandpa? The poor kid didn't stand a chance to not be a big tease.
Having Jack for a son brings me more joy that I ever thought possible. Each day I love him more and more. He is so much fun. The other morning I desperately wanted to sleep in a little longer (Jack woke up at 6:45 AM). I tried to get him back to sleep. Gave him some warm milk, changed his diaper. He wasn't having it. I was a little frustrated, as I only wanted a few more minutes. However, I realized how lucky I was to have a cute boy to wake me up early in the morning. Before Jack I could wake up whenever I wanted to, but I'd much rather wake up early to a little boy hollering "Mommy! Mommy!" and trusting that I'll be right there to greet him.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
My Baby
Posted by jessvb05 at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think Jack will always be your baby because he's your first. You love them all so differently for different reasons. With Charlie I'm still asking him not to grow up. I want my first little boy back.
amen to that! :)
He is sooo stinking cute!!
Post a Comment